Blizzard's Repsonse to Rosters

General chat forum
DO NOT post bugs/feature requests for WoWRoster, PvPLog, UniUploader, or UniAdmin here

Re: Blizzard's Repsonse to Rosters

Postby Crillo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:36 am

Mavtoo wrote:Some of my Guildmates found an interesting Site wich uses the Armory Data:

Guild Armory Tools

So when i look at this Site it must be possible to programm the Roster site tha it collects the Data from Armory and if somebody uploads his own Data it overwrite the Armory Data or something like that.
With this feature you can see really everybody in the Rosterpage with some small basic informations. The people who update their roster Data you can see more Data like reciepes etc.

I seen that aswell. It works quite nicely and doesn't take a long time to grab all the data. Its probably easier to pull tradeskills ect from the armory, might be a bit more difficult grabbing all the player stats
Crillo
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Melliandra » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:29 pm

Crillo wrote:
Mavtoo wrote:Some of my Guildmates found an interesting Site wich uses the Armory Data:

Guild Armory Tools

I seen that aswell. It works quite nicely and doesn't take a long time to grab all the data. Its probably easier to pull tradeskills ect from the armory, might be a bit more difficult grabbing all the player stats

Hmmm, whenever I enter something from my server it just returns empty pages... maybe the ' in the Kil'Jaeden Servername is a problem? Or maybe it does not work for EU Servers (and yes, I clicked on "EU") ? Is capitalization of Guild/Servername an issue? If I enter data of an US guild+server it works, though...

Melliandra
Melliandra
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Kristoff22 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:01 pm

Kristoff22
Roster AddOn Dev
Roster AddOn Dev

Blizzard's Repsonse to Rosters

Postby Harshmage » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:10 am

I haven't been able to read up on the many Armory topics, but has anyone considered adding something to the current Roster Character page that will either (a) search the Armory for the character name or (b) immediately link to the proper character on the proper server?
Since Armory profiles are at
Code: Select all
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=<server>&n=<name>

why couldn't we just add the server and name variables to a url?
Ho, Haha, Guard, Turn, Parry, Dodge, Spin, Ha, Thrust!
Harshmage
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby DopeFish » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:38 pm

Harshmage wrote:I haven't been able to read up on the many Armory topics, but has anyone considered adding something to the current Roster Character page that will either (a) search the Armory for the character name or (b) immediately link to the proper character on the proper server?
Since Armory profiles are at
Code: Select all
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=<server>&n=<name>

why couldn't we just add the server and name variables to a url?

http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtop ... rmory.html
DopeFish
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Postby Harshmage » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:28 pm

DopeFish wrote:http://www.wowroster.net/Forums/viewtopic/t=3047/highlight=armory.html

See? I told you I missed something...Thanks Dope!
Ho, Haha, Guard, Turn, Parry, Dodge, Spin, Ha, Thrust!
Harshmage
WR.net Apprentice
WR.net Apprentice

Previous

Return to General Chat